WMD's Fracture utilizes a proprietary granular synthesis engine, employing microsound techniques to create a "crowd percussion" synth voice ideal for claps, applause, and other particulate percussion sounds. Built around the same granular engine as their ingenious Chimera metallic percussion synth, the Fracture uses single-impulse samples to create everything from snappy transients to clouds of noise. Inspired by classic drum machine claps and audience applause samples, the Fracture creates waves of sound from microsonic fragments, all under voltage control.
- Granular percussion synth inspired by claps, audience applause samples, and more
- Uses proprietary granular engine for everything from snaps to claps and insane beds of noise
- Density, decay, and tail controls affect tone and "tightness" of clappers
- Integrated room and hall reverbs
- Two trigger inputs for different sound varieties
- 3 different, independently selectable envelope and filter types
- Can operate as free-running sound source or triggerable percussion voice