The Intellijel Atlantis was constructed in the spirit of the Roland’s legendary SH-101. Like its inspiration, the Atlantis excels at rich bass sounds and soaring leads. However, unlike the SH-101, the Atlantis ditches the sawtooth core for a triangle core, designed by David Dixon, sourced from the Intellijel Dixie. The decision to add a triangle core means that the Atlantis excels at FM style sounds. The modulator oscillator can be switched from an LFO to a VCO, with both oscillators able to track at an astonishing 8 octaves.
The module features a handy mixer section that allows for the convenient mixing of waveforms. Additionally, users could patch the modulator oscillator into this section to use the Atlantis as a more traditional dual oscillator.
The module’s filter section is essentially a Roland style cascaded 4-pole multimode filter that can be switched between low-pass, band-pass, and high-pass. The accompanying LP switch decreases the amount of resonance in low-pass mode, enabling the creation of deeper, fatter sounds.
Atlantis’s envelope section consists of a traditional ADSR envelope with an optional looping mode and the ability to be activated by an external gate. The output VCA feeds directly into an advanced clipping circuit that can be utilized to achieve a nastier/grimier sound.
- Modulation VCO: triangle core with Hard Sync and Link switch to connect pitch to primary
- Primary VCO: triangle core with Hard Sync, Octave switches, Linear/Exp FM and PWM
- Global modulation bus with four VCO waveforms, noise and S&H options
- Cascaded 4-Pole multimode filter
- Looping ADSR with range switch, manual gate, and external level (velocity) control.
- Three position output clipping circuit
- 27 jacks for creative and complex patching options
- Header on back of pcb that allows it to be linked (normalled) to the Intellijel Metropolis sequencer
- Skiff Friendly
Enhancements/Differences over the SH-101 Core
- Discrete triangle core vcos (with far better tracking and Hard sync) instead of CEM based IC.
- Primary vco has linear FM (not just exp)
- MOD VCO can be linked to the primary VCO pitch CV.
- Modulation oscillator switchable from LFO to VCO
- Filter is multimode, 2/4pole switchable and has a special LP boost mode
- Filter allows for selection of inverted ADSR mod source
- Mixer section includes and external source which is normalled to a sinewave
- Filter has built in soft clipping
- Envelope has looping option, re-trigger and selectable time range
- Output VCA has two stage clipping circuit
Patch points for every synthesis secti